Layne pulling the grandkids around Grandma Reed's yard.
Great Grandma Peterson even climbed in.
Memorial Day is always an interesting day for me. There are always lots of get togethers and running around to different cemetaries. But deep inside, I'm usually pretty somber. I spend a lot of time thinking about how different life would be if.... But most of all I am so thankful to have my family close to me. I don't know what I would do without them. We spent this Memorial Day weekend having picnics at my mom's on Saturday and then at Kinghorn's on Monday. We had Layne's sister Janeen and her kids here with us for the weekend which was so much fun. On Monday a whole group of men spent the day working on a roof at Mom and Dad Kinghorn's. It took them all day, but they got it done. I think they really enjoy working together. It was fun for the kids to play while they were working. In between the picnics, we made it to the Ucon and Ammon cemeteries (where my Grandpa Peterson's new headstone had been put in) and also to the Sugar City cemetary. All in all it was a great weekend and I know Layne was extremely appreciative for all the help from his brothers and brothers-in law on the roof. Thanks again everyone!




No comments:
Post a Comment