Friday, February 12, 2010

Monster Concert

Karlee and Abby on stage after the concert

 
Karlee and her partner Bret Bagley playing Skip to My Lou and Shoo Fly!

This is a horrible picture of Abby and me getting ready to play (but it's the only one).  We played In the Hall of the Mountain King and Skeleton's Ball.  They were a ton of fun.

After the concert, Abby and Karlee with cousin Andy, who came to watch, and the Bagley kids, Bret, Hallie, and Briar.

My piano students had the opportunity to participate in Monster Concert again this year.  It is a duet concert that features 12 pianos playing the same duet at the same time.  So there are 24 kids playing at once, hence the name "Monster" concert.  There were 12 levels with two of each level from 1 to 6.  So there were a lot of kids that got to play.  I had 8 students playing this year and I got to play with Abby and another student of mine playing jazz songs.  It was so much fun.  The kids learn a lot when they have to learn to play with someone else.  This was Karlee's first year and she did a great job.  Abby played level 6 this year, which I thought was going to be too much for her, but she really rose to the occasion and did an amazing job.  I am really proud of both of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment