Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Birthday, Abby!

Andy, Karlee, Kayci, Abby, and Jake ready to go bowling.

Abby's been counting down the days to her birthday.  We're all glad it's finally here.

Abby throwing the ball.  "It's a lot harder than bowling on the Wii," the kids all said!

Karlee taking her turn.

Jake was happy to get everyone's ball for them, until we let him have a turn of his own.

Needless to say, Layne's score wasn't very high!

Kayci loved packing her ball to the ramp and letting it go.  She especially loved getting a higher score than most of us.  Maybe I should try the ramp next time.

Grandma and Grandpa were there as well as Holly and the twins.

Heidi came with baby Houston, too.

After we finished we headed over to the building where Layne's office is for presents and cake and ice cream.  Trey and Taryn made it into this picture.  They didn't want their picture taken at the bowling alley.

Abby wanted a castle cake this year.  I love cakes that don't have faces!
Blowing out the candles!

Opening presents.  Abby got enough art stuff to keep her busy until  next year.  Thanks everyone!

March 16th has come and gone and Abby is now another year older.  I can't believe she is nine years old.  I can still remember bringing her home to our new apartment in American Falls.  I can also still remember how she was such an awful sleeper and refused to eat baby food.  I remember her adorable chubby cheeks and the joy she brought into our home.  We love her so much.  I really rely on her to help with the kids and around the house.  I hope she knows how thankful I am for her.

We got to go out to eat and go bowling for her birthday with my family.  It was crazy but the kids had a ball.  We went up to the college and then over to the foyer of Layne's office to have cake and ice cream.  She got lots of arts and crafts things which she just loves.  It was a great birthday.

4 comments:

  1. happy birthday abby!! i can't believe she is nine either! what wonderful memories i have holding baby abby during piano lessons! :) i sure miss your cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nine years old already?! happy birthday Abby! It sure looks like you guys had fun bowling. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun birthday party! Just love those ramps at the bowling alley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We sure wish we were closer. Glad she had a good birthday! We love you ABBY!

    ReplyDelete