Sunday, March 27, 2011

Abby Turns 10!

Abby was so excited to get new earrings from her Aunt's for her birthday.

Everyone helping to blow out the candles.

I am so thankful to be her Mom.  Isn't she just beautiful.  She'll always be my little princess!

The girls enjoying their cake and ice cream.  It's always a party with our family!

Abby got to celebrate her birthday a little early this year.  We planned a trip to Disneyland that fell over Abby's birthday (not a bad way to celebrate your birthday), so we decided to have everyone over for cake and ice cream the Sunday before we left.  I really can't believe she is 10 years old.  Where have the last 10 year gone?  Abby is an amazing girl and I am so thankful for all she does for our family.  She is a great babysitter and if you ask Jake who his best friend is, he'll tell you Abby.  She is so good to play with him and the other kids, especially during piano lessons.  I don't know what I'd do without her.
She picked the castle cake for the second year in a row which I was not complaining about all (it's an easy one!)  I hope she never outgrows the desire to be a princess!  We were able to have both sets of grandparents over for dinner and then all my sisters and their families came for dessert.  They are so supportive.  I love them so much.  Abby was so excited to get new earrings for her birthday, too.  She got her ears pierced a couple of months ago and new she'd be able to put in new earrings while were at Disneyland.  She had the option to get them pierced two years ago when she turned 8, but opted not to do it until this year (with a little coaxing from me).  She looks so grown up with them pierced.  We sure love her and hope she has many, many more happy birthdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment