Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Children's Bike Parade

The girls with their faces painted. I was pretty flattered that they
wanted to wait in my line to get painted. Not bad for having
no artistic talent!

Me concentrating on the hearts on Kayci's face.

Abby, Kayci, Jake, Andy, and Karlee at the end of the parade.


Sister Byington helping Kayci decorate her bike.


Abby just finishing up putting the straws on the spokes of her new bike.




Karlee and Andy putting the final touches on Karlee's bike.


Me in the middle of the decorating chaos.


We had a very fun activity Saturday in conjunction with Rigby's 4th of July activities. Every year they hold a children's bike parade and this year they asked all of the primaries in the area to have a booth at a little carnival in the park afterward. For our primary activity we had the kids come to the church and decorate their bikes and have a picnic lunch. Then everyone headed over for the parade. The kids had a ball. Even Kayci rode her bike through the parade. After, the kids headed to the park where there were several games and activites for them to take part in. My presidency and I painted faces for two hours straight. I though the lines would never die down. It was a fun day for the kids and I have wonderful teachers and a presidency that makes doing stuff like this easy. They are amazing and I love serving with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment